Meet the Festival Director – get the inside scoop on festival selection and Marketing and Distribution!
Flickerfest l in 2016 will celebrate 25 years of screening the best short films from Australia and around the world in competitions and special showcases. Following the Festival in Sydney, a selection of films will go on tour to 50 capital cities and regional centres around Australia. Flickerfest is also Australia’s leading distributor of short films and represents a catalogue of over 250 Australian short films for sales across all platforms and territories across the world.
Join festival director and distribution manager Bronwyn Kidd who over the past 18 years has arguably watched more short films than most humans as she shares hers expertise and some of her favourite classic Flickerfest shorts.
In this masterclass Bronwyn will touch on:
– What makes a short film irresistible to Oscar qualifying film festivals?
– Whether you should you target the Australian or International film circuit?
– What are big Australian festivals looking for?
– Targeting the smaller festivals – why would you do it?
– How to get your film out beyond festivals and make money through distribution of your short
– What you need to know to make your film market ready
If you are making shorts, it’s vital that you understand the trends and tastes of the festival circuit this year. Join SAE when they host a Masterclass for filmmakers with Bronwyn Kidd, the Director of Flickerfest – an Academy accredited and BAFTA recognised shorts competition.
Register now for this amazing opportunity.
120 Roe Street, Northbridge, WA, 6003
Phone: +61 (08) 6217 4100