Set in the seaside centres of Busselton, Bunbury, Dunsborough and the Margaret River wine region, CinefestOZ premieres feature films and events in the region’s cinemas, wineries, small bars and galleries, making it a feast for the senses and an unforgettable five-day getaway.
CinefestOZ has consolidated its position as the premiere destination film festival in Australia with record numbers of high calibre film guests, a sensational line-up of new Australian and French films and unprecedented audience numbers.
In 2015, CinéfestOZ highlights included:
- Over 150 public screenings of Australian and French feature films, documentaries and short films
- 160 free community screenings
- Film-related events, open to the public and ranging from Red Carpet premiere gala nights to intimate short film screenings in cosy bars
- Forums with filmmakers and cast members through Q&As and ‘In-Conversation’ events
- The $100,000 CinefestOZ Film Prize attracted thirty-five entries of Australian features and documentaries and Putuparri and the Rainmakers was presented with the CinefestOZ Film Prize
- Filmmaking workshops for public participation
- Screen industry workshops held in conjunction with ScreenWest, Screen Australia and the South West Development Commission (SWDC)
- Cinesnaps schools program attracted 4000 South West school children to its film incursions and excursions, workshops and a Short Film competition
- Hugo Weaving was inducted as the CinefestOZ Screen Legend
We welcome you to stay in touch by subscribing to our Festival Newsletter, where you can keep track of exciting announcements in the lead up to the Festival Week 24-28 August 2016.
The full festival program and ticketing is LIVE from 29 July 2016.
As a production of Geographe French Australian Festivals Incorporated, the CinefestOZ film festival is a not for profit event, produced by its Board of Directors.
Discover more about the festival at http://www.cinefestoz.com