Our friends at the Gold Coast Film Festival are calling for entries for 2018.
Here’s the pitch:
You’ve put blood, sweat, tears and money into your short or feature film, and now it’s time to build your film’s profile and find audiences.
The Gold Coast Film Festival brings diverse Australian and International films, filmmakers and film events to the Gold Coast.
In 2017, we became an AACTA-Award qualifying film festival for feature films.
Our location is one with a heritage of filmmaking, with international filmmaking introduced on the Gold Coast in the late 1980’s. Fast-forward to 2017 and major international films Unbroken, Pirates of the Caribbean, Thor: Rangarok and Aquaman have chosen the Gold Coast’s incredible locations and highly competent crew to shoot their multi-million dollar films.
The 15th annual Gold Coast Film Festival ran across 11 days in April 2017 with over 90 film and film related events in 13 different Gold Coast locations, the festival entertained and inspired over 15,300 people.
SIPFest, otherwise known as the Shorts in Paradise Festival, is an annual showcase of the best short films from across Australia.
SIPFest transforms Surfers Paradise beach into a vibrant and unique cinema, delivering a unique outdoor film experience like no other in Australia. With sand below and stars above, the crowd will be captivated by 10 minute cinematic masterpieces by emerging filmmakers from around the country.
Thrillers, dramas, comedy, documentary and more of a (guide) classification ‘M’ or below will be judged by a panel of industry experts and awarded $8,000 in prizes. The audience can also cast their vote on the night for the people’s choice award.
SIPFest 2018 will run on the famous Surfers Paradise beachfront, Sunday April 22, 2018
If you have a short film under 10 minutes produced in the last two years, enter it into SIPFEST 2018.
WHY SUBMIT TO THE GOLD COAST FILM FESTIVAL?
- AACTA-Award Qualifying Film Festival for Features
- We look after indie filmmakers and will try wherever possible to fly selected cast/crew in and accommodate you.
- You can take part in professional development through relevant, useful and engaging Q&As, panels and workshops – in 2017, we offered industry panels and over 150 guest speakers, panellists or moderators, including Aquaman EP Rob Cowan, Dressmaker producer Sue Maslin, actress/producer Claudia Karvan and many more!
- Opportunities to make valuable connections with Queensland, national and international industry guests
- SIPFEST offers some great cash prizes – $8000
We highly encourage entries from films with female creative leads. We deliver a program that supports equality with a commitment to having 50% women speakers across the festival, all films rated by the Bechdel Test and Australia’s first film festival childcare offering.
If you would like to speak to any filmmakers who have screened at GCFF in the past, please let us know – we’d be happy to put you in touch.
You can find out more about submitting your film here.